Join thousands of tree care professionals at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, Conn., November 13–15 for one of the most anticipated events in the tree care industry this year: TCI EXPO.
It can be tough to stay ahead of the curve in this constantly changing industry, but with TCI EXPO’s first-class conference education, endless networking opportunities, and exclusive deals, you’re guaranteed to walk away with a fresh perspective.
Meet with colleagues, vendors and manufacturers from around the nation, check out the latest equipment and industry trends, win prizes and giveaways, attend forums and roundtables, earn valuable CEUs, and much more.
Trade show floor
TCI EXPO is the ideal venue to browse and purchase top-notch tree care equipment, products and services — all on the trade show floor. With hundreds of exhibitors in attendance, TCI EXPO attendees are certain to find vendors to suit their business needs. The trade show floor is open throughout the conference* and provides ample time to browse, try out new products, evaluate cutting-edge equipment, and take advantage of show only prices.
The trade show floor houses more than just the exhibitor booths; head to the center for live tree demonstrations, which take place throughout the conference. Watch nationally-recognized professionals demonstrate advanced techniques including rigging, aerial rescue, cutting, climbing, and more. You can even earn .75 CEUs per session, just for watching!
Be sure to schedule time for TCI EXPO’s education sessions, workshops, forums and networking events.
TCI EXPO offers 77 hours of education throughout the conference, making it the ideal opportunity to earn your professional credentials. TCI EXPO works with various industry organizations to ensure that CEUs are honored for all major disciplines — some states even allow you to earn Pesticide Applicator CEUs. Most of the CEUs can be earned by attending TCI EXPO’s world-class education sessions.
These sessions explore three topics: business, safety and arboriculture. This three-pronged structure gives TCI EXPO attendees a well-rounded perspective, and better equips them to run or work for a successful tree care company. Lectures are masterfully delivered by a wide variety of speakers, which include business, management and green industry consultants; insurance and marketing experts; award-winning speakers and authors; Certified Treecare Safety Professionals (CTSPs); and respected academics.
These sessions cover a wide range of topics; no matter your level of experience as a tree care professional, you are certain to learn something new. Refresh the basics by attending TCI EXPO lectures on pruning, rigging, crane use, safety statistics, and tree climbing. Or get a crash course in the latest tree care business trends, and discover how digital marketing, mobile apps, innovative partnerships, and emerging arboricultural disciplines can help your company stay on the cutting edge.
Most education sessions are delivered in a lecture format, while others are conducted in the form of interactive workshops and peer-led forums for an enhanced learning experience. You’ll find that most programs are offered during regular trade show hours; though some advanced courses start during the TCI EXPO pre-conference, November 11–12.
Learn about one of the hottest trends in tree care at TCIA’s Plant Health Care (PHC) Pre-Conference Workshop, conducted by Dr. Mike Raupp and TCIA’s Tchukki Andersen. This workshop covers many aspects of PHC for both technicians and managers. Learn how PHC combines the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) with proactive tree care management, and study concepts such as PHC basics, monitoring, diagnosis, insect management, disease management, pesticide guidelines and abiotic disorders.
Pre-conference attendees can also take part in the Electrical Hazards Awareness Program (EHAP) Workshop. This program has trained thousands of arborists involved in line clearance and those working on residential properties near energized lines. It is widely recognized as the industry training standard to help comply with OSHA regulations. Participants will learn about identifying electrical system components, the presence and nature of electrical hazards, protective measures available, and common unsafe acts to avoid.
Other pre-conference courses include the “A–Z Pruning” workshop, which provides a comprehensive look at pruning in accordance to A300 standards, and the “Slay the Monster, Improve Your Bottom Line” workshop, which will help attendees deal with four simple monsters that are wreaking havoc on and off the jobsite when it comes to safety, quality and productivity.
These workshops feature smaller student-to-teacher ratios, so it’s important to register early.
First time at TCI EXPO?
TCI EXPO’s fast-paced, packed schedule can prove overwhelming for first-time attendees, or even show veterans. If you’re considering attending TCI EXPO, read the following tips to make sure you have the best experience possible:
• Register early. And if you’re a TCIA member, you can save even more. (If you haven’t joined TCIA yet, become a member today to get the most bang for your buck.)
• Speaking of savings, pick up a TCI EXPO Gold Card to get the best deal. The Gold Card includes unlimited access to Thursday, Friday and Saturday educational seminars, plus trade show entrance for all three days, keynote seminar, welcome reception, and more. Plus, if you buy four Gold Cards (at one time), you can get one free.
• Visit [ital>expo.tcia.org<ital] to review the complete list of exhibitors before the show and make notes on which vendors you want to visit. You’re sure to score great show-only discounts.
• While you’re on the TCI EXPO website, check out the Interactive Schedule that outlines everything, including all the education sessions.
• Get a taste of the show by visiting [ital>TCIA.org/blog.<ital] There are guest bloggers and sneak peeks that are certain to get you excited for the massive show floor and 77-plus hours of education happening in Hartford.
• Secure your hotel room at a discount with the TCI EXPO group rate. But hurry, this offer only lasts until October 24, or until the group block sells out.
• TCIA members can stop by the TCIA Marketing & Publications booth on the trade show floor for a FREE consultation on marketing strategies, and to review advertising materials. Bring your samples!
• Enter to win “free money” with the ArborBucks program. Fill out a form at the registration desk to be entered in the drawings. There are six drawings — two each day — and if you win, you can spend your ArborBucks at any TCI EXPO participating exhibitor booth.
• Trying to expand your network? Be sure to attend the Welcome Reception (Thursday, 6-8 p.m.), and mingle with other tree care professionals over a buffet, cash bar, and complimentary hors d’oeuvres.
• Interested in receiving a text message alert 15 minutes before your TCI EXPO education seminar, forum or networking event? Visit the text alert form on [ital>expo.tcia.org<ital], check off the events for which you want to be alerted, and TCIA will help make sure you’re on time!
To learn more about TCI EXPO, register for the conference, and view the complete schedule of events, visit www.expo.tcia.org. See you in Hartford!
* Exhibit hall hours: Thursday, Nov. 13, 9:57 a.m.-4 p.m.; Friday, Nov. 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; and Saturday, Nov. 15, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Article provided by the Tree Care Industry Association.